September 7, 2011

From The Author

Welcome to my new blog “The Only Review You Need!” I have decided to write this blog about movies. I plan on writing reviews specifically on movies that I own or will own when they are released on DVD. At the end of each blog I will rate the movie on a scale of what I will call “purchasability.” This will give you an idea of whether or not you should go out and buy the director’s cut for 24.99 without hesitation or whether you should wait until the 5 dollar bin at Wal-Mart or wait until there is a special at F.Y.E and you can get it for free.  
My fascination with movies began in high school after secretly watching my first R rated movie. The movie was Gladiator, staring Russell Crowe directed by Ridley Scott. That movie took me away into a land that existed far beyond my known reality.  That is when I realized that my escape would always be movies.  Gladiator took me into a world of realism that I had not seen before with the indescribable scenery, the ferocity of battle, the depth of true love for an ideal of principal, and the music that convinced me what I was feeling was real. Gladiator has remained on the top of my favorite films list, and I may have it to blame for spending way too much money on movies. 
Now that you know a bit about me and my reasons for writing this blog tune in next time for My Top Ten DVDs.  Thanks for reading “The Only Review You Need.”
-K Zade.

2 comments:

  1. I will be interested to hear your reviews as we always seem to differ on what movies are good! I think its pretty cool that you are doing this though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emily. Also, you are a very good writer!

    ReplyDelete